In terms of productivity, efficiency, and profitability, coding via versatile range of “cross-platform” tools is a must for 21st century video game developer.
However, regarding Unreal Engine’s cross-platform features, debugging, fine-tuning and optimizing game code simultaneously on multiple platforms can sometimes be a real headache even for veteran developers. It is a complex, time-consuming and error-prone task by its very nature. And, this is where The Occult’s latest release comes into play…
The Occult version 2022.1 is released!
I am truly excited to announce the latest release of The Occult. It is now available for both Intel and ARM architectures by offering improved platform compatibility, exciting new features, various enhancements, and a few bug fixes. As of today, all commercial and personal video game development projects that I am currently involved in will benefit from the new/enhanced features available in this release.
- New native ARM architecture support for Apple Silicon Macs and Nintendo Switch.
- Enhanced native Intel architecture support for PC.
- New speed/size optimized bytecode generation using inline Intel and ARM Assembly routines.
- Enhanced 64-bit cross-platform visual debugger/logger for VM, Stack, and Database.
- Enhanced cross-platform 4-way Unreal Engine logger.
- Increased Trigger coprocessor performance.
- New speed/size optimized C++ data structures for Trigger coprocessor: Definition, Action, and Component.
- New level manager architecture design & implementation.
- New VM firmware routines for asynchronous Actor/Component management.
- Enhanced OOR driven ALU instruction set implementation.
Improved Game Executable Compatibility
- Windows 10
- Windows 11
- macOS Big Sur – (Intel/Apple Silicon)
- macOS Monterey – (Apple Silicon only)
- iOS 14
- iOS 15
- Nintendo Switch
Improved C++ Code Compatibility
- Unreal Engine 4 – (4.26.2, 4.27.2)
- Unreal Engine 5 – (EA2)
Improved C++ Development Environment Compatibility
- Microsoft Visual Studio 2019 version 16.11.9
- Microsoft Visual Studio 2022 version 17.0.5
- Apple Xcode version 13.2.1
- JetBrains Rider for Unreal Engine 2021.3.1
- JetBrains Rider 2022.1 – (will be released in Q1 2022)
- Level World offset implementation.
- Stack driven smart VM pointer architecture for object type detection.
- Stack driven object pointer validation.
Vivre libre ou mourir!